A subject which is key to all food businesses. Clean premises and ensuring effective cleaning regimes are in place and practised is a legal obligation in order to prevent food contamination.
Training Course Content:
This course is made up of the following modules:
An Introduction to Cleaning in the Food Industry
This section introduces the learner to the course. Clean premises and equipment are probably the most important factor in achieving good wholesome food. Understanding cleaning and cleaning methods are vital.
Module 1 - Removing Hazards through Cleaning
This module concentrates on food premises and how the design and layout of a building are important to allow sufficient movement of staff and storage that follows HACCP (hazard analysis critical control point) principles.
It also looks at clean in place (CIP) and clean as you go methods are highly important and often the best practice.
Module 2 - Using Cleaning Chemicals Safely
This section of the course covers the different types of cleaning chemicals and energies that can be used when cleaning. Gaining an understanding of these chemicals and what they do is essential when conducting any cleaning task.
Health and safety practices should always be maintained when using cleaning chemicals; this module looks at the risks and hazards surrounding cleaning chemicals, including COSHH (control of hazardous substances.)
Module 3 - Safety Cleaning Procedures
In this final section, you will cover what cleaning procedures are to be undertaken, before or during any cleaning activity. It also looks at the importance of using safety data sheets and maintaining a colour-coding system to prevent contamination to food. Alongside this, it also looks at the six-stage cleaning procedures and how to conduct a cleaning schedule.
Finally, this module considers how people or staff members can be considered as food safety hazards themselves. This means that taking extra precautions when cleaning within food premises, such as maintaining good personal hygiene and washing hands thoroughly.
On completion of the course lessons and training material an online assessment will automatically unlock. The assessment will contain 30 multiple-choice questions and a mark of 75% or above will be required to pass.
On completion of the course, you should be able to:
- Identify the importance of cleaning
- Identify the purpose of HACCP and its origins
- List the requirements of food premises for cleaning purposes
- Identify the properties and methods of dishwashing
- Explain the terms ‘CIP’ and ‘clean as you go’
- Explain the role CoSHH plays in the food industry
- Recognise hazard pictograms
- Identify the reasons for cleaning clothing and PPE
- List the chemical storage principles
- Identify the difference between HAZARDS and RISK
- List the HSE 5 points to a risk assessment plan
- Recognise common chemicals used in the food industry
- Identify the importance of colour-coding
- Recognise cleaning procedures
- Identify the roles of cleaning personnel, in house and contract
- Explain what cleaning schedules are
- Identify the importance of correct storage of cleaning equipment and waste disposal
Member: £23+VAT per person, Non-Member: £27+VAT per person
All e-learning course prices are quoted for 1-9 licences.
Discounts are available for bulk purchases of 10+ licences.
Please contact the SOFHT Office for further information on +44 (0)1827 872500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org